Sunday, January 22, 2017

My Plants vs. Zombies collection (part 2, SPECIAL)

Hi guys! I'm back with my other Plants vs. Zombies collection this time. First off, you may notice if this part has no history about these toys just like the part 1 (a.k.a original My Plants vs. Zombies collection) does, and also there are no final results for them from this part and the later parts as well. So, here is a picture about several Plants vs. Zombies toy figures that I collected on the part 1:
All of my Plants vs. Zombies collection that I collected on the part 1 (main part)
Just like the previous part, I'm going to collect it as much as possible. However, it depends on our money, our family's economy, and also the stock about these things on the online stores where I buy them. Also, the word "SPECIAL" on the title means these toys are also featured in "This is what happens if KFC provided PvZ toys", and you may know what I got in this part. So, here are new Plants vs. Zombies toys in this part, let's check this!

1. KFC Plants vs. Zombies, Peashooter on Pumpkin


KFC Plants vs. Zombies, Peashooter on Pumpkin
Finally, one of the toys that was featured in my "This is what happens if KFC provided PvZ toys" has been arrived in my collection! I got this from the local online store in my country, called Bukalapak.com. The only reason why I bought this one, it's only the used 2013 KFC Plants vs. Zombies that was sold through that online store. Since it was NOS*, I had a chance to get it. I liked the style alot, and a performance of how it shoots the projectile, even it looks a bit weird, it shoots through the Pumpkin instead of the Peashooter, since there are no any matters inside the Peashooter itself. Also, there were 2 more of these things that I wanted so badly (the Sunflower and the Cabbage-pult), even though I can't even afford them, but none of the sellers on the local online shops sell these toys.

Advantages:
  • The design looks pretty nice and neat.
  • It shoots pretty well, never fails.
Disadvantages:
  • Even though it shoots very well, it doesn't look too powerful like my little K'NEX Snow Pea was.
  • Since this Peashooter was joined with Pumpkin, the stem looks not sensible (due to it looks like an absolutely stretched sand timer to me), and it does look like a fat looking Peashooter.
  • There are some of the screws placed on the side of the figure instead of the bottom due to place where you put the projectile in, make it slightly less interesting for the back side of this figure.
  • There are some red scratches on the mouth, since this is an old and used toy figure.
  • Sometimes it has the same fate as my old Cabbage-pult was, the eyes are easy to vanish, so must be careful if you want to touch the eyes, and don't ever scratch them.
* means New Old Stock

2. Bootleg Winter Melon popper

Bootleg Winter Melon popper
Yes, another bootleg Plants vs. Zombies has been featured on this part (which is personally don't like for a little, also it was listed on my wishlist of my Plants vs. Zombies collection that was featured on final results of the last part) which is my actual first popper toy. It's a Winter Melon, a lobbed shot plant that is most powerful at all of the Plants vs. Zombies game series. I bought this from Bukalapak.com too. However, it came without the blister, so this toy was used before. If you want to play it, just squeeze the body and it shoots backwards (since this is a popper toy, it won't lob projectiles just like my K'NEX Plants vs. Zombies Cabbage-pult). Also, this figure also came with an articulated zombie. The only reason why I bought this instead of the other chinese bootleg poppers, because I think it's bad if I only had one lobbed shot plant on my collection (in variant, I only got Cabbage-pult), so I decided to bought this one as the other lobbed shot plant.

Advantages:
  • Decent moulding, and rubberized well-made.
  • It shoots pretty far and powerful than the other Plants vs. Zombies toys that I have.
Disadvantages:
  • Since this is a popper toy, it shoots backwards instead of lob projectiles.
  • The zombie that came with this plant looks slightly poor than the shooter itself.
  • There are some little paint defects on the back of the body.

3. More KFC Plants vs. Zombies toys...

KFC Plants vs. Zombies, Sunflower
KFC Plants vs. Zombies, Cabbage-pult (new one), and Zombies in Skull (Dr. Zomboss), followed by Peashooter on Pumpkin and my Plants vs. Zombies collection on the background
Turns out if I was able to get more of those things that I wanted so badly... Hoorraayy!!!! Here we are, for more of those KFC Plants vs. Zombies toys, and featured on my "This is what happens if KFC provided PvZ toys" blog, especially the plants. These are just the rest of them besides the Peashooter on Pumpkin that I got earlier, so now I got a complete set of them... I got them NOS from the someone who sold these toys on Instagram, not through the local online stores... I always liked them, but for the Zombies in Skull, I only liked it for a little. By the way, these are the best Plants vs. Zombies toys, including the Peashooter on Pumpkin one, and everything is all done for these toys...

Advantages:
General:
The design looks nice, pretty neat, and well made. Compared to my other Plants vs. Zombies toys, these are the most nicest Plants vs. Zombies toys that I ever own (as for now), even down to the time where they released them back then (May 2013, in case you didn't know).
Sunflower:
  • As usual, it dances nicely, never fails.
  • It is much nicer than the K'NEX one, which is also a kind of nice figure, but much cheaper quality and much expensive price as well.
Cabbage-pult:
  • Even though I already had the old one just shown on the first part without any advantages and disadvantages, it lobs nicely, never fails as the other KFC Plants vs. Zombies toys, also this Cabbage-pult still includes the original projectile, unlike the old one which I was borrowed from the kid of my old friend's own which is missing.
  • It is much nicer than my other two Cabbage-pults that I already have (except they're cheaper quality as well), and the basket doesn't bend like the old same one.
Zombies in Skull:
It works properly (like you push the Dr. Zomboss down to the Zombot itself), never fails.
Disadvantages:
General:
  • It has some horrible scratches, especially Cabbage-pult and Sunflower, around their own pot, probably because they made a rough texture like that. Also, both Cabbage-pult and Sunflower got a hollow of their back side of their toys (for the Cabbage-pult, on the stem between basket and the body itself, and the Sunflower on the stem itself).
  • Sometimes they have the same fate as the old Cabbage-pult was (same thing), parts like eyes and eyebrows (for Cabbage-pult) are easy to vanish.
 Sunflower:
  • If you move it forward and backward, it makes some terrible noises.
  • It has a tiny bit bad painting, between the stem and the head itself, even though it looks good from the far.
Cabbage-pult: 
  • The connection between the base and the toy itself is a bit loose.
  • It doesn't seem powerful enough to throw projectile, despite it is bigger than the K'NEX one.
Zombies in Skull:
The name of this figure is wrong. It should be Dr. Zomboss, probably they named it like that to prevent spoilers since this is the boss of all of the Plants vs. Zombies game series. Also, it has an improper grammar, it should be "Zombie in Skull" instead of "Zombies in Skull

Specifications:

a. KFC Plants vs. Zombies

Just check on the Part 1 or original of "My Plants vs. Zombies collection" on "KFC Plants vs. Zombies, Cabbage-pult" section.

b. Bootleg Winter Melon Popper

Original product name: Plants vs. Zombies Winter Melon Popper (probably)
Total of the complete set: Not available, just one set only contains 2 different figures, not a whole set from separate packs
Material: PVC, rubber, plastic, ABS (zombie figure)
Year: 2015 (probably)
Factory: China
Popularity: Uncommon, but it's very common in online stores
Company/Importer: Unknown
Purchased from: Bukalapak.com (one of local Indonesian online shops)
Quality: Average
Type: Shooting figure or popper figure
Bootleg: Yes 
Delay of delivery: A week (probably)
Packed in: Blister (originally)

Watermarks: 

a. KFC Plants vs. Zombies

(C) 2013 Electronic Arts Inc.
PopCap is a trademark of Electronic Arts Inc.
(KFC logo, PopCap logo)

b. Bootleg Winter Melon Popper

MADE IN CHINA

Galleries:

KFC Plants vs. Zombies, Peashooter on Pumpkin's projectile
This is how to squeeze the Winter Melon popper to make it shoots...
KFC Plants vs. Zombies, Cabbage-pult's projectile
A bottom view of KFC Plants vs. Zombies Sunflower, there are 3 wheels on there (one of them just as the normal wheel, and the other wheels operate the lever to make the Sunflower "dances")
A KFC Plants vs. Zombies, Cabbage-pult's pot
Sunflower without the base itself
Two Sunflowers (the one from the left is from KFC, and the one on the right is from K'NEX)
(Unrelated) A Peashooter mini speaker seeing a commercial of the KFC Plants vs. Zombies toys
KFC Plants vs. Zombies, Sunflower's base

Videos:


Part 1
Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment