Friday, March 1, 2024

my childhood TECH devices...☎🕹📻📺🧮

As what this particular article's title literally said, I'm gonna share my own childhood memories particularly about random old school tech devices that I ever used back in those good old days since I was born. Those tech devices that I'm talking specifically about were mainly those of the old school feature phones, and certain other old school devices (such as those of the old game consoles, those analog cameras, and so on). So, without further ado, let me explain about each of the random devices that I ever used back then, ranging from the simple ones until to the most advanced one that I ever dealt.

a. Basic feature phones with monochrome screens...

Started off with some of those aforementioned mobile phones. "Pretty sure if you used to have Nokia 3310, right?" Well (jokes aside), close enough, except for the model number. Not only just that Nokia, I also used to have that old Sony Ericsson phone with roughly exact same trait as that Nokia. Nothing particularly special about it since back in those days when I was a kid, apart from the fact I briefly hanging around with them, including how I was able to play simple games briefly on them too.

FYI, back in those days during I owned those old mobile phones, my uncle used to have that Siemens phone, which also had exact same traits as those of the said phones, except for the color of the backlight (which was orange instead of yellow).

b. Basic feature phones with color screens...

my old D-ONE phone (Chinese phone that was just a loose knockoff of Nokia E63)

After I experienced with those of the feature phones with monochrome screens, I decided to use any of these types of feature phones that I ever used, except they were in color. There were plenty of phones that I ever used that were fell on this particular category, so here are my list about what kinds of phones that I ever used, right away:

  • Bunch of those basic phones without camera (mostly Nokia ones),
  • Nokia 1nnn (couldn't remember the model number, and it had a camera [which you could only take pictures only]),
  • Nokia 6630,
  • Nokia X2, and
  • D-ONE (Chinese phone that was just a loose knockoff of Nokia E63]

my old Nokia X2 (with mixed parts of it's own casing itself)

As for anything around my entire family, they also used to have their own feature phones that were fell on this particular category too. So, those phones were:

  • Nokia 7250 (if I guessed the model number of this one right),
  • Sony Ericsson K310i (if I guessed that right, and it only had 12 MB of internal storage),
  • Sony Ericsson K350i (if I guessed the model number of this one right),
  • Sony Ericsson K810i, and
  • random Chinese feature phone that had touchscreen and analog TV

Now, how's your experience when it comes to dealing with those phones then? Well, here are the moments of how I experienced with each of them:

  1. Every single time when an incoming SMS on that old Nokia 1nnn phone appeared, I sometimes threw it to the floor due to the fact I couldn't even stand with the ringtone itself. That phone survived just okay, even if the battery just popped off from the case sometimes.
  2. I stupidly formatted the Nokia 6630's entire system bunch of times, especially when there were lots of saved data (of all kinds) stored in there. This was occurred due to the fact I opened the "Memory card" app, then I selected "Format" for no reason.
  3. Some third-party apps that were installed on Nokia 6630 that were existed. I decided to open them, it turned out if they weren't installed yet, despite their existence on the menu screen.
  4. Playing games on most of those phones were memorable (which majority of them were Java games, excluding those that were on basic phones without camera, which they always worked just well without any issues). However, there were bunch of games that weren't work properly in certain forms.

c. Old game consoles...🎮

Ah yes, old game consoles, except I only had 5 of them. Two of them were the bootleg consoles, and the rest were the original units. Those were:

  • PlayStation 1 and 2,
  • Certain cheap brick games and any of those "Pop Station" handheld games,
  • Fake PlayStation 1 (Famiclone), and
  • GameBoy Advance (the OG, not SP or Micro)

For the games that I ever played on each of those game consoles, here are lists of what kinds of games that I ever recognized the most (except for those that were from cheap brick games or those of the "Pop Station" handheld games):

  • RC Helicopter (PlayStation 1),
  • That airplane flight simulator that I couldn't remember the game's title of it (PlayStation 1),
  • That BMX game that I couldn't remember the game's title of it (PlayStation 1),
  • Eye Toy (PlayStation 2),
  • Some random PlayStation 2 golf game,
  • Mario Golf Advance Tour (GameBoy Advance, if I guessed the title of the game itself right),
  • Spiderman (GameBoy Advance),
  • The Incredibles (GameBoy Advance), and
  • plethora of pirated NES games that I ever played on either that Famiclone (including their multicarts), or those of the pirated GameBoy Advance cartridges, or even that pirated Playstation 1 disc that contains themselves too.

d. Other old school devices...

As for the other old devices besides those that I already listed above, here are random old devices that I used to have back then (which one of them is still in use after all these decades):

  • Old Sharp CRT TV that both of my grandparents from my mom's side purchased it back in the ~90s.📺
  • Old VCD players and old boomboxes (yes, both of my parents still keep that vintage early 80s Sanyo boombox, and it's still works well after all these decades, except for the tape deck).📼
  • Sony Walkman (purchased back in ~2008, couldn't remember the model number of it though, yet I even used to have a cheaper alternative of it before).🎧
  • Some of my old analog cameras that I used to have, except I didn't even attempt to use them with their own film rolls. I remembered if my mom used to take some pictures of myself during I was in the kindergarten using one of those cameras.
  • Some sort of scientific calculator that shaped like a mini laptop. It even had some games on it, such as Bingo, Tic Tac Toe, and typical snake game, respectively.

Well, there you have it for my childhood tech memories in general. "Wait, how about certain devices that were much more advanced than those, such as phones with touchscreens and computers or laptops?" For those devices, I already explained in several of my articles that I made somewhere in this entire Blogspot, so feel free to check them out if you still don't recognize yet, albeit not all of them that I explained though... If you have your own good memories when it comes to certain old school devices like so, feel free to share your own childhood story related to this article in the comments section if your memory still serves it okay. That's basically it for what I could say to this particular article, and as always, thanks for reading this specific article. 



No comments:

Post a Comment