Thursday, June 1, 2023

Experience with my current Asus phone...📱

So, after a while since I use it as my current daily basis of me heavily using this particular device for roughly 4 years later, it's time to explain my summary of me using it in general since first time I acquired it until today. TBH, there's not much else that I could particularly say to this device as long as it does work just okay, apart from the fact it recently has some tiny problems while I'm particularly using it. Without further ado, let me explain about my overall summary of it either way.

1. General 📱

In case you've wondering of the brand and model of this particular device that I own since 2019, it is branded Asus, and the model name of this particular device is Zenfone Max Pro M1. I purchased it with the highest specifications as ever, which was the one with 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage, costed around IDR 3.000.000,-... I purchased this because I decided to replace my previous phone of the same brand (Zenfone 5 that I purchased back in early of 2015), because that phone was sort of outdated for certain stuffs. Originally, I wanted the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 version, but it was sold out in every single of the cell phone stores particularly in my hometown, so I picked the M1 instead, yet it was literally the last stock ever in one of the cell phone stores where I purchased it from. It also benefits by how one of my fellow fan enthusiast told me if this one has somewhat better build quality compared to the M2's, by the way.

2. Specifications 📱

  • Model : ZB602KL
  • Color : Black (even if it's own back door is dark blue)
  • OS : Android 8 (originally, but now it runs on Android 9)
  • Screen size : 6"
  • RAM : 6 GB
  • Internal storage : 64 GB
  • Processor : Qualcomm Snapdragon SDM 636 (1.8 GHz)
  • Camera : 16 MP (back, dual camera) and 8 MP (front)
  • MFD : September 2018

3. Results 📱

Unlike my old Zenfone 5, this phone does it's job as what I expected for all kinds of stuffs that I want for it. When it comes specifically about how I open certain apps that has an interaction to connect it to the internet on each of them, it takes much less seconds to open them either way compared to my old one (results may vary on each of the apps, including online games). Not only just those, there are few moments about me having fun with it's own features that it has, so here are my results particularly about them, right away:

  • First off, the quality of the camera is fairly better than my old Asus, due to the fact it has two of them on the back. Even if it's better, it has it's own weaknesses where it sometimes produces noisy pictures and videos, and it also sucks when it comes to capturing or recording everything in certain places with less lighting, which causing me force to turn on the flash every single time, which still doesn't help to make it look less noisy. As for the front camera, it's pretty much bog-standard quality without any ability to manually focus on everything, even if it does have a flash on it though. 📸
  • Playing games on this phone is slightly better than my old Asus too, including heavier games that normally wouldn't work that well on that said old phone and even my previous Android devices before that one. Albeit if it's mildly laggy and does crash sometimes on each of them, at least it does work just 🆗, compared to what I've done specifically with those old Android devices that I used to have, which kept lagged and crashed like crazy due to poor specifications that they had. 🎮
  • Opening certain editor apps (mainly for photo and video editor apps), they do work just okay for all kinds of editing that I want to, even if it looks and sounds somewhat awkward to me particularly in general. 🖼🎞
  • Unlike any of my previous Android devices before this one, it has built-in stereo speakers. Even if it still doesn't sound all that good, it does have a headphone jack to plug either earphones, headphones or speakers. 🔊🎧
  • The battery of this phone makes a huge difference compared to any of my previous Android devices before this one. While those only lasted for at least around 30 minutes that caused any of them would suddenly shut down by itself regardless of their condition of themselves while they're operating, this one lasts for least a day without shutting down by itself. Well, unless I open certain apps that drains it's own battery life quicker than it should. 🔋

After I used it for roughly 4 years since I purchased it in particular, I encountered some tiny problems while I'm using it. So, here are the said problems that sometimes appear on it, right away:

  • It occasionally cuts out the Wi-Fi connection every single time, especially by how I connect it to certain Wi-Fi access points that has excellent speeds (especially for at least ~10 Mbps or more), although it does able to reconnect it back immediately. I have no clue if this particular problem also existed on my older Android devices before this one. For this case, it recently causes one of the background apps that associated with it just crashes when this happens, sometimes. 📶
  • Even if it's unrelated to the phone itself, it recently has a weird error where it sometimes "deliberately" refused to install or update any of the apps that I installed on it from Google Play Store while it's processing. When this happens, I have to delete the Play Store's cache and storage through Settings app, if it works though.
  • A tiny bug occurring every single time when I update Google Contact app on this phone from Google Play Store, either manually by myself or automatically by itself. When this happens, one of the options in Developer Options just resets by itself once it's finished updating it (for this case, it's the duration of the animation of the whole UI itself).⚙
  • It sometimes has a problem where I stored any files to my old 32 GB microSD card that I equipped on it. In most cases, mainly for pictures and videos, the thumbnails of themselves sometimes won't show up, even if I open any of them most of the time I move or copy any of them from certain devices to the said microSD card that I put on this phone. When it occurs, I have to reboot it to make them show up like what it should be. Again, even though this is sort of unrelated to the phone itself, but it sometimes doing so when it comes to transferring my files in such method specifically like so. 

4. Conclusion 📱

This phone is literally my direct upgrade to my previous phone of the same brand, which was Asus Zenfone 5 that I purchased back in 2015. With it's own decent specifications that it has compared to my old one, I can do anything that I want for daily basis exactly like what I expected with it's own features that it has, thanks to it's own specifications that it specifically has... Even though this phone has certain special features specifically like so, of course it leads to some tiny problems while I'm using it after all these years of me heavily using it. Just like my previous Android devices that I used to have, this particular device does have the aforementioned problems that always bothers me to fix them in their such ways per each of them, although it is way less quantity to those on my older Android devices that were well-known for doing so frequently than this; one of them being notorious by how they crashed the apps by all of the sudden that made me enraged. For this case, it does crash some apps or games that I installed on this particular phone if I made something wrong with any of them, but the occurrences by how it doing so is much rare (so that means it's a good sign if this phone does perform better than those, right?).

Just out of context, but this is me testing a Plants vs. Zombies Heroes 🎮 on this particular 📱, taken in 2019...

🆗, enough by how I suddenly explain about that one notorious problem that commonly occurs in every single Android devices, including this phone that I'm using right now... Back to the device itself. Again, there's nothing else that I could particularly say to this as long as it does work just 🆗, even if it does have those of the said tiny problems that it has after all these years of me heavily using it. As for the future plan with it, I feel like I want to upgrade it with much better specifications than that even if it does work just like what I expected for daily basis compared to my older Android devices just before this one, but I don't think if I can do it way sooner due to the fact how broke I am these days, yet I also have no clue about which one that I will get soon..... Only the actual time will reveal the truth specifically about it, but hey, as long as I don't get one of those dodgy Chinese unbranded fake Android dummy phones that they usually boasts crazy flagship specifications for much affordable price (and they're also knockoff from popular brands that always fool every people out there in every single online marketplace), but it turns out if the specifications of themselves are just complete rotten potato which basically performs way worse than my very first Android phone that I ever used (my original Samsung Galaxy Y that I purchased back in 2011).🥔



No comments:

Post a Comment