Friday, May 3, 2024

i'm leaving plants vs. zombies franchise? but...🎮

So, it's been a long time since I'm explaining about myself with my own Plants vs. Zombies stuffs in general. Unfortunately, the franchise itself is pretty much in the destroyed state thanks to how both P**pC**p and Electronic F***s somehow ruined this exact franchise that I enjoyed since more than a decade as a whole. Well, even though they released a brand new sequel of the standard Plants vs. Zombies mobile game recently, but that doesn't hype me that much at all unlike the first two standard mobile games that I know, albeit the Plants vs. Zombies 2 recently has certain of their own issues occurring per each of the updates that they keep jam packing into... FYI, when it comes to my own stuffs with them, there's not much else that I could particularly say about it apart from the fact I definitely have some sort of burnout occurring over them, because for some reason I still keep doing the exact same insanity on one of the Plants vs. Zombies standard mobile games that I still play until today. Without further ado, I'll split into two categories for this, one is for the series of the games themselves, and the other is obviously for the collectible stuffs from them.

A. Games (in general) 🎮📱

Yep, as what I'm clearly stated just before, there's not much else that I could particularly say about them in general these days, except for how I was so excited during those good old days when the original Plants vs. Zombies was the only legitimate game that I ever played back in those sweet old days through different devices, except for the console and Nintendo DS platforms. That also shared with some of the newer titles right after the original one (such as Plants vs. Zombies 2, both of the Garden Warfare shooter games, and Heroes), albeit I still never play both of those aforementioned shooter games until today due to I have no proper device to play them both though. Those were definitely the simpler times, until the earliest version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 was newly released worldwide. Although I was so hyped to play that too, but I encountered many of those fake apps that pretended to be the real deal of it that were once existed, therefore I got fooled by those instead, which almost harmed my old Android device that I had back then... BTW, in the same time where I used to hype over Plants vs. Zombies 2, I also used to play Plants vs. Zombies Adventures in Facebook multiple times before it got disappeared later on (yes, I used to explore around Facebook with my own account that I used to have back in those days).

After I found the legitimate version of the Plants vs. Zombies 2 later on, things were changed severely, especially when it comes to beating the whole Adventure Mode of it through all 11 different worlds casually. Sure, it was clearly more challenging compared to the original one, but it was worth some fun when it comes to playing it almost in similar fashion as the original. Yes, it has plethora of both plant and zombie characters (which is in fact a LOT of them compared to the original), but I still do understand about how to beat them in various levels, especially for certain zombies with special abilities on them as well, just like what I did with the original one with no issues whatsoever... Everything about the whole game itself was reasonably okay, until certain major updates (such as "Power Plants" update, "Arena" update, "Penny's Pursuit" update, and so on) were heavily butchered the game itself as a whole.

All of my favorite plants in Plants vs. Zombies 2 (well, there are more of them though)

With all of those recent constant updates that they recently added in Plants vs. Zombies 2 since last 6 years, either if I'd enjoy or not, I still keep playing it no matter what, especially for which game modes that I usually play. However, I only play most of the game modes that are IMO, somewhat easy to play these days, considered if I collected many of those plants in that game already, including how I was able to "hoard" TONS of certain resources in there too (most commonly are coins, gems, mints, and gauntlets)... However, this is also the turning point particularly about how come if I still play the whole game itself, even down to all of those content messes and "bugs" that they keep adding nowadays, yet they also made certain levels of themselves are somewhat more repetitive between one way to another compared to what it used to be... Again, I keep enjoying the insanity from the whole game itself though (ngl), but not all of the game modes that I play though for sure.

As for the other Plants vs. Zombies games besides the first two standard games, I actually played 2 more games in my Android device(s), those were the Heroes and the earliest version of the Plants vs. Zombies 3... For the Heroes, because I was simply suck at one of those card games, I only played it for several months until I stopped playing it. As for the earliest version of Plants vs. Zombies 3, I actually played it for few months until they suddenly "sunsetted" it later on. It honestly wasn't all that exciting at all compared to the first two standard games, but it was really that fun (or wasn't it though, because it is literally just a lazy rip-off from another popular modern day mobile game). There's also a Battle for Neighborville shooter game, but again, I have no proper device to play that though.

To wrap up this particular section of this category, "Which Plants vs. Zombies game that you're playing these days?" Well, I only play both of the standard games, yet the Plants vs. Zombies 2 is my most played game that I ever play nowadays... Again, even with all of those game modes and certain other messes that they recently added since more than dozens of it's own updates, but it depends on which one that I play per every single day, otherwise I would ended up having some sort of total seizure or severe burnout if I keep addictive over them for way too long.

B. Collectible stuffs from them...

Moving on to the collectible stuffs from this exact franchise. Pretty sure you might recognize all of my Plants vs. Zombies collectible stuffs that I featured on various sources that I made that involved them, including this exact Blogspot that I own here. BTW, I actually have plenty of those collectible stuffs, and few of them are exactly the ones that I always wanted the most (which majority of them are just plants). However, since around the time before the pandemic era begins, I somehow decided to stop hunting them on various online marketplaces, just like what I clearly stated about how come if I decided to do so in bunch of my previous articles about them.

Even though I already explained this numerous times in bunch of my aforementioned articles before, but from what I could sum up over them, I had to stop hunting them because there are no more of my favorite sets of (mostly) figure sets from certain official toy companies who used to license this exact franchise, except for majority of those that are directly made in China, instead of made in China but distributed exclusively for certain official toy companies outside China (for this case, USA)... Yes, I have several of my figure sets that are directly made in China, but that didn't hype me that much unlike most of those ones that I always wanted just before, considered if most people from our country would purchase those of the mad common Chinese sets from various online marketplaces for relatively cheap price (including those plushies, too).

For now, I still don't bother to hunt any of those Plants vs. Zombies collectible stuffs yet since the last ones that I acquired back in 2022. Even though I was able to check on what's left on those of my favorite figures from themselves (especially on certain international online marketplaces such as e-Bay, Amazon, and so on), but that definitely will cost WAY more costly than before, thanks to the combination of extreme inflation, extreme international shipping overall charges between two countries (or more), and extreme tax charges... So, that's basically it, I doubt it if I can acquire those of my favorite collectible stuffs from themselves anymore since the last one that I ever acquired in 2017, but I also highly doubt it if there will be another miracle that may happen in the future when it comes to this as well since that one that popular YouTuber who reviewed them back in those days literally gifted most of them to me for pure free (except for bit of tax charges).

C. Conclusion

With the current state of how both P**pC**p and Electronic F***s has fatal errors when it comes to treating this 15 year old franchise nowadays, I absolutely don't think if I can enjoy this exact franchise as excited like I used to. Either I express them by casually playing those games, or collecting any of the collectible stuffs from themselves, I obviously have no clue about when this will eventually last, because there are lot of other stuffs that are much more enjoyable than just enjoying this old franchise for sure... Even though this is in fact the unfortunate reality of the franchise itself since all of those failures of their last games that they ever released, but I still keep to enjoy it even with all of those weird disasters occurring. Otherwise, if this particular franchise will vanish entirely thanks to their greediness behind it (sooner or later; because why not, thanks Electronic F***s), I will definitely leaving this whole franchise in tears, because TBH, there is no franchise that will able to replace this one, unless if I already too much addictive over many of those popular modern day mobile games that everybody would play these days, which they somehow neglected this specific franchise entirely.

To wrap up this entire article, do I leave this exact franchise? Well, it's definitely a total dilemma when it comes to directly answering it in general, considering if I still play those games and collecting collectible stuffs from themselves, albeit in much less amount of time and quantity, respectively; unlike what I used to enjoy back from roughly around a decade ago, preferably from 2013 until roughly 5 years later. Those were definitely the best old times when it comes to enjoying this exact franchise for sure, due to the fact there were lot of potentials from this franchise, either from the games themselves, or even the collectible stuffs from various official toy companies themselves who used to license it (well, even if many of those cheapo Chinese sets were existed since then through various of their forms, even after all these years until today)... But now, since the whole franchise itself is in destroyed state thanks to them both, all I got from them nowadays are pretty much ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on my bare hands. Even though I still able to play it casually, but I already lost my hope on the whole franchise, yet I also don't even care about how's the future of this whole franchise for next following years... Just like one of my previous articles that I made particularly about it, only the time will tell about the actual truth of this specific franchise if they still care about it. On the other hand though, I don't think if they actually have a plan to deliberately vanish them if they already lose their profits over this specific franchise anyway (again, because why not, thanks Electronic F***s).

If you have your own short story regarding to the current situation of this exact franchise as a whole, feel free to write your own aforementioned story in the comments section if you're able to. Anyway, that's it for what I could particularly say about this, but I don't think this will be my last article that explained about this exact franchise for sure... As always, thanks for reading this article, and hope you can pay attention regarding to this specific situation of it in general.





No comments:

Post a Comment