Sunday, August 25, 2019

Your phones/tablets/computers or whatever techs that do you have...

Just like what the title said (albeit it sounds a bit complicated), here are bunch of certain technology stuffs that I have, such as phones, tablets, computers (well, I only have a laptop though), cameras, and many more technology stuffs that I owned from the past until now (excluding for my parent's own). I also include my dream technology stuffs that I will want, although they do cost a lot of money that cause me to spend a lot of money, so. Here are list of my technology stuffs that I have from the past until now. Here we go:

1. Phones

  • Sony Ericsson brick phone: Probably this was my very first phone that I ever owned (probably my parents or my family's members bought it back in around of 2005), but it didn't last long due to I kept smashed it during usage back in those days.
  • Nokia ... (model number, and it was obviously not 3310): This was my very first phone with a camera that I ever owned back in around of 2006, although my parents used it for a lot back in those days until they replaced it with the Nokia 6630 in 2008.
  • Nokia 6630: This was my very first phone with a function of recording a video, bought it back in 2008. Again, my parents and I used to use this phone for a lot those days, until we replaced it with a X2 model later on.
  • Sony Ericsson K310i and K810i (I think I guessed them right): Although these phones didn't follow my timeline of the phones that I ever used, I did eventually use both of those phones too, although it actually was owned by one of my family's members. While the K310i had a bad camera and video quality (and very tiny storage as well, it only got 12 MB), the K810i had a better camera and video quality (well, slightly) compared to the K310i.
  • D-ONE brand cheap Chinese phone: My very first phone that had a QWERTY keyboard that I bought in the same year after I got the Nokia 6630. Although it had a really bad video quality compared to Nokia 6630, it did it's job well just like the Nokia 6630 did. 
  • Nokia X2: This was my last basic phone that I ever owned, and bought it back in 2010 (I think it was), and it had slightly better video quality than the Nokia 6630. Although it had a terrible battery life compared to the others (well, the Nokia 6630 did have the terrible battery life too), it did it's job just well until I replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy Y somewhere in the late of 2011.
  • Samsung Galaxy Y: My very first Android smartphone that I ever owned, and bought it back somewhere in the late of 2011. It had Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), and it did it's job just fine for my very first Android smartphone that I ever owned for many uses for it until the late of 2014. Although it did have some problems that made me want to upgrade it in the late of 2014, which was some sort of Google Play kept crashes for unknown reasons, I eventually upgraded it with Asus Zenfone 5 in 2015.
  • Asus Zenfone 5: My second Android smartphone that I ever owned, and it's also my very first phone that did record a video in 1080p, although the camera app itself didn't allow me to enable the video stabilizer on 1080p video quality (just stuck in standard 720p video quality while I tried to enable that feature on). It had Android 4.4 (KitKat), but it also can be upgraded into Android 5.0 (Lollipop), from somebody who discovered that already. Again, just like my Samsung Galaxy Y was, it did it's job just fine, although it didn't want to run certain of the heavy mobile phone games properly (such as Plants vs. Zombies 2, Where's My Water, and so on). It did worked out pretty well for me with this phone apart from typical message while the app stopped working or either not responding that made me mad, until I upgraded it with the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 in 2019.
  • Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1: Possibly my most strongest phone out of the previous phones that I ever owned, as well as my first premium phone that I own, and bought it in early of 2019. It's because it has 6 GB of RAM, which means thrice times powerful than my Asus Zenfone 5. Just like my Asus Zenfone 5 was, it also records a video in 1080p, except with image stabilization enabled while I record a video in that quality. Although it does so, it doesn't enable the image stabilization while I record a video in 4K video quality, but it doesn't bother me to record anything that I want with this phone. It has Android 8.1 (Oreo), and since this has a bigger RAM compared to my previous phone that I had, it does run certain heavy games properly (such as Plants vs. Zombies 2, Where's My Water (including it's sequel), and so on). So it means, I would nominate this phone as my best phone out of all of the ones that I ever owned before, although it's too powerful and fancy at the same time, but it does it's job better than the previous phones that I've worked out before (not counting for that Sony Ericsson brick phone and Nokia ... [model number] phone).
There are some more of the basic phones that I ever owned from around 2004 to 2007 (especially for the ones that didn't have any cameras), but I couldn't remember them anymore.

2. Tablets

Based on All of my tablets! post, here's what I can sum up about the tablets that I ever owned:
  • Advan T1C: My first Android tablet that I ever owned, bought in the same year after I bought my Samsung Galaxy Y phone. It had Android 2.2 (Froyo). Not much use about it apart from playing some games on it (such as Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, and more), and some basic stuffs that I've done with this tablet, until I replaced it with the Advan T1Ci later on in 2012, but that one also got some problems way worse than this one.
  • Advan T1Ci: Exact same brand of the Android tablet, except for the model. It had Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Again, not much use about it apart from playing some games on it and some basic stuffs on it like what I did on T1C, but this one had some problems that drive me nuts more compared to the T1C... One big problem was, no matter what kind of apps that I open on this tablet, it kept crashes without any report at all, which was unacceptable. Even I tried playing my favorite games (such as Plants vs. Zombies and it's sequel), it didn't work that well, and it kept crashing as well that made me mad. Due to it's ashamed quality that this tablet claimed to run some games on it with ease but apparently didn't, I gave up using this in 2014, and destroyed it with hammer into pieces.
  • Asus Zenpad: My third Android tablet that I ever owned, and bought it in 2016. It had Android 5.0 (Lollipop). Again, not much use about it with exact same reasons like my previous two tablets that I owned just before. However, since I was bothered by how small it's own internal storage was, and some glitches on it, I gave it away to my cousin, because why not... This tablet looked better compared to those two tablets that I ever owned before.

3. Computers

I only have laptops, so here we go:
  • Acer Aspire ... (model number) laptop: This was my very first laptop that I ever owned, and bought it back in 2009. It had Windows XP operating system, but it also got upgraded into Windows 7 in 2011. It did it's job solidly for multitude uses for it about everything that involves it, until it got some weird BSOD that occurred in 2013. I was bothered by that weird BSOD in that year, so I replaced it with my Samsung brand laptop later on in that year instead of upgrading the parts of it.
  • Samsung brand laptop: Exactly like what Acer Aspire did, it does it's job just like my old Acer. Until now, it does it's job just fine like that Acer, even though it's just runs Windows 7 instead of 8 or 10. It also has some problems on it in terms of hardware and software, such as how cheaply this laptop was made, and some programs that doesn't run properly in certain ways due to low specifications that this laptop has (such as programs that doesn't respond, programs that stopped working, or so on). I feel like I want to replace this, but still, I don't have enough money to do so.

4. Cameras?

Unfortunately, I only have one camera, which is Spectra brand digital camera that I bought back in 2009. Nothing particularly special about it really, it's just a basic, cheap digital camera with some scene modes and basic video recording on it with it's own typical video quality, which my current smartphones does it's job way better than this camera.

5. Miscellaneous techs

I only have one of this kind of technology stuffs, which was that crappy smartwatch that didn't do it's job well. It kept draining the battery itself, and kept shutting itself off while I hit it with something else, even with light hit to it.

6. My dream techs

So here are the list of the dream technology stuffs that I want. Some of them may affordable, but some of them may not affordable due to expensive prices on each of them. So, here are the list of them:
  • Sony HDR CX-405 camcorder: Although my current school have 4 of those, I feel I want one of those due to how good this camcorder is in terms of price, size and quality. Although the modern smartphones does it's job just like this camcorder, I always want that for some obvious reasons.
  • Canon G7X Mark II: Albeit this digital camera is supposed for vlogging, I also want this camera. However, due to how expensive this camera is (from what I encountered one in local photo shops in my town). I kind of want this camera, or just buy the Sony camcorder instead for reliability.
  • Some Canon EOS DSLRs: Although they do look too fancy to me, but eventually my current school also have one of those, and now I also familiar with this kind of camera for multitude reasons. I still bothered by how big and heavy they are (but they do look very good if you take photo or record videos properly), so I don't think I will buy one of those, or just buy the Sony camcorder.
  • Any smartphones that has bigger RAM: Turned out I did afford one, which is Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, to say the least.
  • Some Android Wear smartwatches: If I can find and afford one, I'll buy it. Right now, I don't think if I can find one of those; all that I found online that is related to this category is just crappy smartwatches.
  • MacBook Air: Why I choose the Air? Because the Pro one is too common to see in many segments of everybody's rich budget, and it's a little bit cheaper than the Pro (or is it). I know if I'm clearly a Windows user, but eventually I will switch into that for some reasons. Although somebody said if it's not so user friendly like what Windows do, but I feel like to switch over to that laptop... The ones that I wanted has 8 GB of RAM or more, Intel Core i5 or higher, and so on that makes it better to do heavy stuffs like editing videos on it. I eventually want one, but the price of them are always expensive, even used ones as well. However, if I bothered by how expensive they are, I will find some standard Windows laptops that has those specifications as that laptop... On the other hand though, if I'm too much done with Windows operating systems, I will eventually switch it into Mac for sure, but I just choose the Air for obvious reasons that I mentioned before, or imagine if I'm too rich already, I'll eventually pick the Pro.
There you have it! That's all of what I can say about my technology stuffs around myself, including my dream technology stuffs that I want. Anyway, that's it for this post, and thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment