Saturday, August 6, 2022

Major updates on my mini portable fans... (plus extras)

Well, it's that time again for explaining about stuffs that I always do in my own YouTube channel of electric fans (and air conditioners). Some of you may recognize at one of my YouTube channel's playlists that I made, which as what the title of this particular article literally says, "My mini portable fans"... This time, I will tell you about my latest update of what's going on with each of my mini portable fans that I got since I made my first video about it, until all the way to my latest acquisition about it as well. Without further ado, let me explain about each of them, although most of them just aren't exist anymore due to some reason that I probably will explain in here as well.

1. Refresh perfume turbine fan

I purchased this particular USB mini portable fan from an online vendor of a marketplace back in 2014. During the time I use this, it had various of it's own issues, such as sometimes it just simply wouldn't work well despite it clearly plugged in using it's own USB proprietary cable, and it's own centrifugal turbine blade itself just went out of balance until it broke off from it's own motor support considered how cheap it was. Because of that, I just simply didn't bother to fix it even with cables inside it got detached by themselves without soldering them back. So, I had to get rid of it to the recycling bin, although most of it's own parts are somehow still left until today.

Remember, back during the time I acquired this, it came broken in a box (which was the centrifugal turbine blade itself literally detached from it's own motor support already).

2. Robot mini portable rechargeable fan

I purchased this particular USB mini portable rechargeable fan from one of the small cell phone stores in my own hometown back in 2016. It does work until today (including how it also does work with it's own original battery that comes with it), but it did have just one major problem if it's own microUSB connector got severed completely. Until I decided to bring it into phone service place to equip it's new microUSB connector for it, and now it does work just fine! Although it does work, it occasionally makes bit of whining noises while it's operating, so when that happens, I have to "fix" it by simply tapping the back part of it... if it works. Overall, this is pretty powerful mini portable fan that I ever acquired, although I usually power it using my phone's charger without it's own battery (yes, it runs so fast on low speed compared to the other average mini portable fans like one of these).

3. Snowflake mini portable rechargeable fan

I acquired this particular USB mini portable, rechargeable foldable fan back in 2017, except my parents literally purchased it instead from a bazaar that was being held in the square town of my hometown. It also does work until today, but it does have some flaws, such as:

  • It's own original battery just suddenly went faulty, so there's no way if I can power it or my Robot using the said battery itself anymore. Even the battery compartment inside it also broken as well.
  • It used to work on variable speeds (judging by the fact it is controlled using a variable speed wheel instead of buttons), but now it only works on just one speed, and it runs a little slower than it should be.
  • The folding neck broke off, but I still able to put it together without folding it as I'm using it functionally as a mini desk fan.

4. Supermute/Sanhuai USB mini portable fan

I purchased this from a small gadget shop back in same year where I bought that Robot. I know if this one barely did move any air, but it also have it's own casual problem where the USB cable itself just went loose which caused me didn't bother to use it anymore. I still left the parts of it though, but I just screwed the blade itself to bits already.

5. Viga mini emergency box fan

I purchased this emergency box fan from a some sort of car boot sale in one of the Sunday morning markets in my hometown, with it's own brand name itself got ripped off. It does work, but it has it's own issue if I turn on both fan and LED light itself together, it is literally underpowered even I plugging it into the wall outlet to charge it's own battery (the light itself just way too dim when I turn the fan on). 

6. Arctic Air "Ultra" USB mini air cooler

I purchased this so-called USB mini air cooler thing from the same online marketplace where I purchased that perfume turbine fan in 2014, except it was obviously from completely different vendor yet I got it back in the last year. It does work, but it eventually ran into one major problem where it didn't run faster like it should be. It's own original USB proprietary cable got ruined by some stupid mice as well, which caused the matters itself just way better.

For the bonus, here are even more of my mini portable fans that used to exist alongside these ones that I mentioned above, but it ended up having their own fatal problems that caused me completely got rid of each of them, just like 2 of those fans that I mentioned just before. So, here are list about those fans that are now long gone, right away:

  • Battery powered foldable fan things : This was supposed to be my very first mini portable fans that I ever acquired in my life, except I got two of those back in 2012 from a local toy store (if I guessed it right). They both were powered using pair of AA batteries per each of them. As of time being, they both ran into a problem where their own motors suddenly went weaker, until they both stopped working completely that made me got rid both of them off for good.
  • Yellow USB mini portable snail fan : I purchased this USB mini portable novelty fan from a computer parts store back in 2013, and it was missing it's own battery cover. It did work just okay even down about how it barely did move some air with it's own paper blades, and eventually it just simply didn't work anymore.
  • Matsuviva cooling fan : I purchased this AC cooling fan from an electronic store back in 2014. It did work just fine, until somewhere 2 years later, I had some fun with it until the AC motor itself popped out which caused my whole house's MCB got tripped. Because of that occurred, I obviously got rid of it into pieces completely.
  • Miniso mini portable rechargeable fan : I purchased this particular mini portable rechargeable fan exclusively from a Miniso official retail store inside a mall in Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia, yet I acquired it during my trip back in 2018... It did run so well, until I stupidly had some fun with it until the motor itself just stopped working, but the indicator light still stayed on. Because of that occurred, I just got rid of it completely despite this was my most expensive mini portable fan that I ever purchased so far. 🤦‍♀️

And as of the extras, here are my wish list about my mini portable fans that I want, right here:

  • Certain of the mini air coolers (including those ones from Arctic Air brands), although I do understand about how "good" they are, unless I will buy some of the expensive ones that will do their job decently,
  • Certain mini DC desk fans that have oscillating mechanism like a regular desk fans,
  • Certain folding mini DC desk fans, and
  • Mini USB tower fan.

Well, there you have it for lists about what's going on with all of my mini portable fans that I have (or used to have for those ones that are long gone now). I feel like I want to buy more of those mini portable fans, despite the fact I literally dedicated my own YouTube channel about majority of regular AC 220v/50Hz electric fans  (mainly ceiling fans and regular portable fans) instead of certain DC fans like these mini portable fans; but it's still worth it for getting even more of the mini portable fans anyway due to most of them do look quite interesting, as long as they work properly once they come on my hands. Anyway, that's it for what I could say to those conclusively, and as always, thanks for reading this article.







No comments:

Post a Comment