Am I only the one who sometimes watch YouTube videos on my 💻 using several of those floating YouTube extensions from any browsers that I ever used (particularly from Chromium-based browsers like Chrome or Edge)? If not, then I'm not only the one who sometimes doing so instead of directly watching them on their actual watch pages all the time. Though as nowadays, it is now no longer possible thanks to the YouTube's latest major changes which specifically prevents me for watching them specifically like so (and so for the browser's recent changes which already removed those extensions including their "apps" that used to support themselves). Even if those of the said extensions are now gone, but I eventually found the way how I was able to watch them, albeit using completely different way compared to what I used to do so back in those days before they got rid all of them for good.
Before I begin, I obviously mentioned those of the following browser's extensions that I was referring to. Back in those good old days (specifically from almost a decade ago), I actually used bunch of extensions that had ability to play YouTube videos using those extensions. All of them were worked just properly, even if one of them still somehow caused those videos that I watched were listed in my entire account's YouTube's watch history (which the one that I was mentioned was the one that had slightly complex UI compared to the rest of them, which were plain simple extensions which each of them both pops out the YouTube player into the floating window). It was all that fun until somewhere in the end of 2022, Chrome Web Store deliberately got rid all of them for good including their supporting "apps" that led to them, if my memory serves them just right.
After the riddance of those extensions by themselves, I decided to install another batch of extensions which simply pops out the YouTube player into the floating window (spoiler: they were basically just an embed YouTube video link[s] which pasted directly on the browser's address bar, instead of embed on those websites), which these ones also somehow caused those videos that I watched went listed particularly in my entire account's YouTube's watch history. It was also all that fun doing so until those errors from the YouTube's end that prevented me to watch them like so suddenly appeared instead. When this specifically occurred, it literally greeted me with either error 51 or 153 on the embed player itself, so I have to either watch it on the actual watch page of it or simply closing it. As of today, not sure if this error still persists since the YouTube's latest change that prevents me for doing so with that exact method.
Then, there was an uView Player. Even if this one had it's own built-in browser which was somewhat heavier to the ones that I usually use (specifically Chromium-based browsers like Chrome or Edge, though this one clearly used Edge Webview2 if I remembered it correctly), it had an ability to play YouTube videos using it's own floating window that came with it. Similarly to the previous installments that I did (which were all browser's extensions), it was also all that fun until it eventually ended up into the same fate as those of the said installments which I also ended up uninstalling it later on.
| example of how i saved the yt-dlp and it's supporting components... (feat. mpv), also ignore for most of those files that i also saved there... |
Now, here's something vastly different about how I watch YouTube videos like so, specifically using media players installed on my 💻 (I mean, this also technically looks and sounds similar as watching any YouTube videos using those of the online floating players, right?). I tried three different media players on my 💻, which those are VLC, MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema, specifically for the current version which forked by clsid2), and mpv. Though for the VLC's case, it used to work properly by simply pasting any YouTube video URLs (or other online video links) on it, but now it is now no longer possible due to the error in addition to severely confusing configuration of the corresponding .lua file (albeit the VLC itself originally came with some of those old .luac files). Because of this, I had to resort to the absolute solution that certain community able to watch any online YouTube videos using media players, particularly using yt-dlp. Even if I'm clearly not "pro" when it comes to setting it up in general since I'm clearly not an open source man, but I eventually able to set up the components that supports the yt-dlp itself, which those are:
- yt-dlp.conf,
- Deno,
- ffmpeg, and
- ffprobe (not sure if this one's optional)
As for how I saved those components including the yt-dlp itself, I simply saved all of those on "C:\Users\PC" (since it obviously does match by the folder path that normal Command Prompt defaults into, albeit it's still quite tricky to me). Now, as for how I watch any online YouTube video links using those media players specifically using MPC-HC or mpv, here's how I set both of them in order to make them both able to play YouTube videos:
- MPC-HC : Go to Options > Advanced > yt-dlp > set YDLExePath into "C:\Users\PC\yt-dlp.exe", and set YDLCommandLineForDownloadOnly into "--config-location "C:\Users\PC\yt-dlp.conf" --output - "%s" ".
- mpv : I simply saved the mpv player itself in the same location where the yt-dlp and it's respective components are present there, including it's own components that support the player itself.
As for how I stream them on either MPC-HC or mpv, they both do work in their own respective ways, though they both also have their own drawbacks while I'm dealing with either one of the two, so here are my quick results of them both:
- MPC-HC : Every single time I open any online YouTube video URLs (or even other online video links), it takes a while for calling the yt-dlp itself (which causes the entire MPC-HC to freeze at the moment).
- mpv : The only way to open any online YouTube video URLs using it is simply copy any valid links into it in order to play them.
Even if they both able to stream them, they both sometimes won't do so for various reasons (including the 403 error judging by how I recently discovered it by testing most of them using that one Command Prompt trick, but it turned out if I ended up downloading them once it worked without that exact error). Because of it, I have to fix the strings inside the yt-dlp.conf itself in order to make it works again, though at cost of mildly lower quality compared to what I usually watch them directly on their actual YouTube watch page on the browser on my 💻 with 720p video quality or higher.
If you have your own experience of watching any YouTube videos particularly using this exact way, feel free to share your own story and your corresponding efforts particularly about it in the comments section below if you're able to. That's basically for what I could say to this, and as always, thanks for reading this particular article.
No comments:
Post a Comment