Friday, February 26, 2021

Experience with my new Lenovo laptop...

Inspired by my previous post of that old 13,3" Dell Latitude E4310 that I got from online shop that I paid for roughly 200 bucks for it, then after 3 months later, it's own LCD screen's backlight just DIED!!! Then, I switched back to my old cheap Samsung laptop from 2013 for a while until it's own LCD screen also got it's own problem as well, but different way...  For now,  I already switched from those two of my broken laptops into my current one, and the brand of this laptop that I'm using right now is the Lenovo. Without any further ado with it, let's take a look at my experience of me with it.

1. General_💻

In case you've wondering about the brand and the model of the particular laptop that I simply got it from a local laptop store in my hometown, it's the Lenovo V14-ADA, and I paid for roughly 630 bucks for it... Because it's so expensive yet I'm totally broke due to I broke those two of my previous laptops before during usage, so I have to pay it with some sort of money installment system for it for several months, until I reached amount of price of it later on.  It also has 8 GB of RAM, much like my old Dell (except they are pair of DDR4s instead of DDR3s), it has Windows 10 20H2 Home SL installed on it (originally it had 2004 version), it has AMD Athlon 3020e processor, yet with Radeon Graphics, and it has 256 GB of SSD, instead of HDD... FYI, I originally wanted the cheaper alternative to it that has AMD A4 (which is the IdeaPad 130, I think), but none of the computer or laptop stores sell any of those due to those laptops were sold out already, so I decided to buy the V14-ADA with AMD Athlon 3020e instead, which is slightly better option than that.

2. Results_💻

There are bunch of major difference between this and 3 of my old laptops in terms of opening certain programs. However, there are few of minor flaws that this laptop has, although I can troubleshoot it by simply doing so without any problem... Well, here are the examples of my results of me using it after a month later, as of today:
  • Web browsing on it is more comfortable on it, by opening the Google Chrome or newer Microsoft Edge. Which means, I can open it a lot more quicker than my Acer, Samsung, or even my old Dell laptop.
  • File exploring on it is also just fine, not much I can say about it apart from it only has 256 GB of SSD... Unless I have to put HDD or another SSD on it, since according to somebody else who knows this laptop (including my electric fan fellow lovers), it also has an empty slot for HDD or SSD (or even SSHD), if I'm not mistaken.
  • Adobe Photoshop (latest version) does work reasonably excellent.
  • Playing games (even though I didn't install any games on it yet) will work just flawlessly, especially for 2D games... However, I have no idea for heavy 3D games though. Just remember, there are ton of old games that wouldn't work for Windows 7 or newer anyway, they just simply crash if you tried to open them.
  • Google Earth on it does work just decently. Not too good, but it does it's job just okay.
  • CorelDRAW (latest version) does work just okay... There are some lag on it by the way, but still passable.
  • Playing videos with 720p or higher will work just fine, unlike both of my Acer and Samsung laptops.
  • Editing videos with certain simple video editors do work just fine. There's also a stock video editor that comes with the Windows 10 too, and it does work just okay... Unless the Adobe Premiere is already installed on this laptop, which isn't good for this particular AMD processor that it has IMO.
  • I also installed the BlueStacks on it, then I play Plants vs. Zombies 2 in there too. It does crash the game for few times like my bad Android devices that I used to have, but overall, it does open the aforementioned program just fine after I tweaked it's own settings.
  • Many of the other programs that I can't tell about how well they run this laptop since I never open nor run them quite often, especially for those programs that comes with the Windows 10 themselves.

3. This vs. Dell E4310's flaws_💻

Exclusive to this one, which is comparing this to my old Dell Latitude E4310 that had it's own ashamed major flaws. Here are list of comparison between this and the flaws of that laptop, right away:
  • While the Dell had an utterly crap battery life (more so than both of my Acer and Samsung, I guess), this doesn't... Which is a good sign for such a new laptop anyway, and it last for about almost 4 hours without any standby (well, depends of my usage with it then).
  • Annoying "date and time resetting" isn't present in this laptop, due to it has it's own battery isn't removable, which is a huge difference between this and that Dell... That also applied with my Acer and Samsung laptops too, even though they did have their own removable batteries.
  • It doesn't crash it's own display graphics driver while I turn it on from hibernate or sleep, unlike that Dell, which occurred most of the time.
  • It doesn't have any static electricity around it too, unless I plug it to the power outlet all the time using it's own adapter... Unlike the Dell which had some of them on one side, especially during I plugged it into the power outlet all the time.
  • Unlike my previous laptops (especially for that Dell), it doesn't seem to overheat that much, depends on my usage of it.
  • It has 3 USB ports just like two of my laptops that I had earlier, unlike the Dell which only had one. The only difference between this and those two aforementioned laptops, which is 2 of it's own ports are USB 3.1 ports, and the other one is USB 2.0 port.
  • Unlike my old Dell which only equipped with standard HD Audio driver that came from Windows themselves (which was bad anyway), this one has Realtek Audio driver on it, which is nice, yet being supported with the Dolby Audio, which is even nicer. My old Acer and Samsung laptops also did have their own Realtek Audio drivers on both of them too, by the way.

4. Flaws_💻

Only one major flaw that this laptop has, which is connecting it into my Wi-Fi network is kind of tactical.  Every time right after I boot it up, sometimes it won't detect my internet access, and it simply says "No internet, secured" on it... Until I unplug the router for at least 10 seconds, then I plug it back in, then it does work properly.  I have no idea why this problem occurs sometimes, because last time I connected my Dell to my own Wi-Fi network had no problems at all (if I'm not mistaken, and that also applied to my Acer and Samsung laptops too), unless it detected as an unidentified network... I contacted it to one of my fellow electric fan lovers through a chat who also have exact same problem on his newer laptop with Windows 10 like I am, and he has the same intermittent problem on his laptop too... There's also another flaw that this laptop has, which is the brightness on this laptop doesn't work sometimes (probably due to it's being controlled by the AMD Radeon Software settings itself to look like it has fixed brightness, I guess).

5. Conclusion_💻

Being my first laptop that has a newer AMD processor instead of usual Intel ones like last 3 laptops that I used to have, this is probably the best one that I ever picked so far. I know if my previous laptops had really poor performance, especially during I opened some heavy programs, for instance, the Google Chrome. While 2 of my old laptops that only had 2 GB of RAM didn't perform well due to sometimes they just simply wouldn't respond or just crashed that made me want to smash them both with my hands or tools, this laptop does it's job just well, even with newer AMD Athlon processor that this laptop has. Even though it only has 256 GB of SSD, it doesn't matter too, unless I already done something heavy (such as editing a video that has 30 minutes of video length). The only thing that bothers me is the problem when I connect it into my Wi-Fi network. Although this problem exists sometimes, I can do fix it by simply follow the steps about why this intermittent problem occurs... Overall, this laptop is relatively great for it's look, it's price, and it's own specifications. It's also a great replacement from my previous laptops that I previously own for daily drivers, because again, they were so slow to do any multitasking anyway (except for Dell, which kind of decent until it's own LCD screen's backlight died). Obviously I'll hope this laptop will last WAY longer than my old ones, yet I also hope there's no more for typical errors that occurred on my previous laptops that I used to have, even though I always use it for daily drivers as of nowadays... Anyway, that's it for what I can say of my experience with my brand new Lenovo laptop for at least a month as of today, and as always, thanks for reading this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment